Tuesday 21 January 2014

A FEAST FOR THE EYE; A SHOCK FOR THE WALLET.

Rarely do I go where there's so much tempting beauty. 
The Decorative Antique & Textile Fair is one of those places where everywhere you turn, gorgeous antiques render you motionless.
  This acclaimed  event has an astonishing following and a breathtaking collection of international dealers. 
From the moment I stepped into the foyer I knew that my bank account was under a serious threat.
Out of politeness I did ask before snapping away but there were a few sellers who felt uncomfortable with their stands being photographed so here are just a few I got away with.






I leave you with this fabulous glazed cupboard and a fantastic collection of tureens. 
 
Hope the rest of the week is great for you all. 


3 comments:

The Cloth Shed said...

Somewhere I would love to visit one day, just to see the cream of the decorative crop! Did you succumb to anything or was it too expensive?

greenthumb said...

Lots of great thing there.

valerietilsten59.blogspot.com said...

Hi Josia,
nice to see you.
What stunning pieces of furniture and antiques.
Thank you for sharing
I am sure you really enjoyed your visit.
val